Thursday, September 4, 2008

5 weeks

With poor BB having had repeat surgery only a week ago, I guess it can be forgiven for looking a little droopy compared to GB, which is one month further down the healing track:

I certainly hope that eventually I end up with breasts pointing in roughly the same direction, rather than this "cross-eyed" effect, but I accept that it is early days for BB, which has had a pretty rough time for the last 5 weeks.

The good news is that when I visited the surgeon a few days ago, he looked happier than I'd seen him since the first operation, and he announced that he didn't need to see me for 2 whole weeks (a vast improvement on the twice-weekly reviews I've been having). BB has been a bit tender since that last operation, with occasional sharp pains deep inside the breast, but I think he attributes this to inflammation caused by the repeated trauma. 

The really good news is that there is no sign of the hematoma re-developing, and although the left breast looks rather mis-shapen, it has remained a similar size to the better-behaved (and undeniably perky) breast on the right.


I've taken the precaution of wearing my special supportive bra 24 hours a day since the last operation. It probably isn't providing any extra support for BB, but the psychological effect is beneficial. I feel supported when wearing it, rather than imagining I can feel the blood collecting again.  

In general, I'm taking a lot longer to bounce back from surgery, but I guess I was already rather run down by the physical effect of that huge haematoma over the previous 4 weeks, not to mention the great anxiety about it. I'm hoping the problems are now behind me and that I will start feeling like my old self, albeit with a lot less bosom in front of me!

No comments: